Optimizing Distributor Profitability: Best Practices to a Stronger Bottom Line
F. Barry Lawrence, Ph.D., Senthil Gunasekaran, Pradip Krishnadevarajan
There are 47 best practices in Optimizing Distributor Profitability: Best Practices to a Stronger Bottom Line and all were developed from actual experiences of 84 real wholesale distribution firms across our industry. This groundbreaking research study is not academic modeling or theory; it is a powerful weapon for you to use to enhance your shareholder value.
Jaynie L Smith
Think you know your company’s competitive advantage? Think again.
Why should I do business with you … and not your competitor?
Whether you are a retailer, manufacturer, distributor, or service provider – if you cannot effectively answer this question, you may be missing the opportunity to maximize your potential customer base, client retention and margins.
The five fatal flaws of most companies:
• They don’t have a competitive advantage but think they do.
• They have a competitive advantage but don’t know what it is – so they lower prices instead.
• They know what their competitive advantage is but neglect to consistently and effectively tell clients and prospects.
• They mistake “strengths” for competitive advantages.
• They don’t concentrate on competitive advantages when making strategic and operational decisions.
Creating Competitive Advantage reveals that identifying and touting competitive advantages – based on your customer’s perspective – is statistically proven to help your company’s marketing and sales teams close more deals, at higher margins, and stay miles ahead of the competition.