017 Leading Relationships: Communication, Resolution, Accountability, & Performance (Full)
Presenter: Steve McClatchy
Date: Monday, March 9, 2020
Time: 8:00-11:30 am
Level of Complexity: Foundational
Course Description: The skills of communicating effectively, working with diverse multi-generational teams, setting expectations, giving and receiving feedback, gaining commitment, resolving conflict, and getting others to follow through can be the most important skills you will ever develop. In this course you will learn the keys to success in each of these areas and how to build relationships strong enough to handle the pressures and tensions inherent in creating, building, leading, and sustaining a fast-changing, high-performance organization.
- Effectively communicate, set expectations, drive results, resolve conflict, and hold others accountable in a way that doesn’t damage trust
- Defuse emotional situations to restore communication and deliver better customer service
- Cultivate successful relationships across diverse multi-generational teams by taking ego and competition out of relationships
- Coach, guide, and help others work more effectively together
- Practice empathic listening to build more reliable, high-performance relationships and better customer loyalty.
Steve is a keynote speaker, workshop leader and author of the New York Times Bestseller Decide: Work Smarter, Reduce Your Stress & Lead by Example. Decide has enjoyed global success and has been translated into 10 languages including Chinese, Russian, Japanese, and Spanish. Steve has spoken before thousands of audiences on the topics of leadership, performance, personal growth, and work/life engagement.
Mary Kelly, PhD, Commander, US Navy (ret)
Why do so many leaders fail, and what do the best do differently?
Whether you're in your first year of leadership or your 20th, Why Leaders Fail is a must read for aspiring leaders who know they need to be constantly learning, improving, and developing their leadership skills.
- Gain insight into behaviors that may be sabotaging the loyalty of your direct reports.
- Identify the barriers undermining your team's ability to get things done.
- Understand why your top talent may not be performing up to their potential.
- Gain tools to help you align team goals with the organizational mission.
- Gain awareness of how you are perceived by your direct reports, peers, and supervisors.
- 49 actionable prescriptions for success.
- Facilitate an environment where employees can grow and develop to their full potential.
- Free access to a personalized leadership assessment to identify your leadership strengths and weaknesses.