022 Personnel Productivity Improvement: How to Practice No Surprise Management
Presenter: Kathryne Newton, Ph.D.
Date: Monday, March 9, 2020
Time: 1:00-4:30 pm
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
Course Description: In this follow up to Personnel Productivity Improvement: Strategic Recruitment & Onboarding, we will continue with the systems approach to maintaining a productive work environment for your employees.
- Dealing with Change; why is it difficult, what are tools for improving change management
- Improve your climate with improved communications
- Dealing with Conflict; what is it, types of, and how to deal with it to your advantage
- Setting expectations to get the most from your employees
- Importance of zero tolerance for poor management
Kathy is a Professor, Supply Chain and Sales Engineering Technology and Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Faculty Success, Purdue Polytechnic Institute at Purdue University. She also serves as Advisor for the University of Innovative Distribution Executive Management Conference, appointed September, 2005.
If you want to get action, you must become a master of the interaction.
Tactical pre-call planning is vital before sales interactions - and this book provides a practical framework to help you prepare and execute highly effective selling! This is an easy read - that clearly provides significant direction and skill for all sales and sales support professionals who interact daily with customers.